CEPAR INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE:
Population Ageing: Causes, Consequences and Responses
3-5 JULY 2023, UNSW SYDNEY/Bedegal Land, AUSTRALIA*
Hosted by the ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), the conference will bring together academics, policymakers, and practitioners to share the latest research and policy and industry perspectives on the dynamics of the ageing demographic.
Confirmed KEYNOTE SPEAKERS include:
- NORMA COE, Associate Professor of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the Perelman School of Medicine and Co-Director of the Population Aging Research Center, University of Pennsylvania
- ALEXIA FÜRNKRANZ-PRSKAWETZ, Professor of Mathematical Economics at the Institute of Statistics and Mathematical Methods in Economics, Vienna University of Technology and Deputy Director of the Institute of Demography, Austrian Academy of Social Sciences
- DUKE HAN, Professor of Family Medicine, Neurology, Psychology and Gerontology, and Director of Neuropsychology, Department of Family Medicine, at the Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
- MO WANG, Lanzillotti-McKethan Eminent Scholar Chair and Director of the Human Resource Research Center at Warrington College of Business, University of Florida
EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 30 January 2023
CEPAR invites submissions from all relevant fields, including actuarial science, demography, economics, epidemiology, finance, organisation and management, psychology, risk management, and sociology.
Contributions are welcome on all topics related to the conference theme including but not limited to:
- Macro-demographic dynamics and population ageing policy including demographic projections, healthy life expectancy, migration, regional dynamics, economic modelling of demographic change, and National Transfer Accounts;
- Decision making, expectations and cognitive ageing including financial and health decision making, ageing expectations, ageism, cognitive decline and rational choice theory;
- Organisations and the mature workforce including work design, successful ageing in the workplace, and balancing work and caring responsibilities;
- Financing ageing and retirement including mortality and morbidity risk, aged care, financial and insurance product design, financial decision making, and retirement policy issues such as the sustainability of public pensions, drawdown policies and use of home equity to finance;
- Social determinants of successful ageing including cohort Su, and healthy ageing.
Email the completed submission form, a full paper or an extended abstract of up to 3 pages, and short bio(s) of presenting author(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 January 2023.
Submissions will be assessed by a Scientific Committee comprising academic experts from a range of disciplines.
A limited number of student and early career researcher travel bursaries will be available to presenters for domestic and international travel to the conference.
Full details and an application form are available here:
Submission deadline: 30 January 2023
Notification of outcome: March 2023
Registration opens: February/March 2023
International Conference: 3-5 July 2023
A conference registration fee will apply to all participants. The fee does not cover travel and accommodation.
*At this stage the event is planned to take place in-person, in compliance with any pandemic-related government or university restrictions that may be in place at the time. CEPAR will monitor the developing situation and, should circumstances necessitate, the format may be converted to a mix of online and in-person or entirely online participation.
Register your interest here if you would like to attend the CEPAR International Conference 2023.